Saturday, March 26, 2005

Bend it like Bendis

I too have gone a long time without posting, so I'll add this.



New Avengers #4

David Finch
Brian Michael Bendis
David Finch
Danny Miki

Sometimes you pick up an issue on habit. It's been a while since I got New Avengers #3. I could remember the story, the characters, and twists. I knew I had to pick up New Avengers #4, but I wasn't really sure why.

Then I read it.

Now I know why.

This Bendis guy never fails to impress me. I remember looking at the roster for the new Avengers team and thinking it was just hype. They were putting together everyone who sold in the Marvel Universe. It was just a matter of time until this person showed up or here's that person doing his schtick. Yet the way Bendis moves his story, you realize that this isn't about who sells comics. It's just the story he had in his head, or at least he knows a story well enough that he can bring in mandated characters in such a way that makes you think that he doesn't compromise his story.

I know I'm being vague, but that's on purpose.

Keep going Bendis. Now I know why I'm picking up issue #5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home